Weebeaks

Weebeaks

Love Overdue
Pamela Morsi
Deep in the Valley (Grave Valley Trilogy)
Robyn Carr
Desire Unchained
Larissa Ione
The Vampire Wardens and Werewolf Society 5 Story Box Set
Lisa Renee Jones
Blood Awakening (Blood Curse, #2)
Tessa Dawn
Hot Vampire Kiss (Vampire Wardens, #1)
Lisa Renee Jones
Stinger (Sign of Love, #3)
Mia Sheridan

The Scarab's Secret

The Scarab's Secret - Nick Would This is a folktale-style story of the little scarab beetle, Khepri, and his adventure with the pharaoh, saving him from death at the hands of two villains in the tale. Yep, that is the tale, and it is simple. That is not really what is great about this book, of course, though we all appreciate that an insignificant little critter saves the life of a mighty pharaoh, thus telling our kids that everyone can do great things! The illustrations in this one are awesome, colorful, detailed, reminding one of fresco paintings. The pictures detailing the interior of the buildings showed heiroglyphs, my kids of course finding the representations of ones they knew, ones we had been studying.

The pacing of and length of this tale, combined of course with the great illustrations, made this a perfect read-aloud for us. I actually used this one in co-op, so I had a group of 10 kids from pre-K to 6th grade. All of them enjoyed it immensely, saying a lot about the appeal, right? Highly recommend this one for just fun or to incorporate in your Egypt history studies.