Weebeaks

Weebeaks

Love Overdue
Pamela Morsi
Deep in the Valley (Grave Valley Trilogy)
Robyn Carr
Desire Unchained
Larissa Ione
The Vampire Wardens and Werewolf Society 5 Story Box Set
Lisa Renee Jones
Blood Awakening (Blood Curse, #2)
Tessa Dawn
Hot Vampire Kiss (Vampire Wardens, #1)
Lisa Renee Jones
Stinger (Sign of Love, #3)
Mia Sheridan

Know the Parts of a Book

Know the Parts of a Book - Janet Piehl I received an ecopy of this book for review from Netgalley.

In this picture book, we meet Will, who is interested in frogs. He wants to find a good book about frogs. We look through a book with him, learning the parts of a book.

Topics covered include the usual table of contents, index, title page, glossary and so forth as well as the truly basic such as what is a cover and spine, back cover, that are not as typically covered (probably because some consider them obvious - but hey not every kid thinks so).

Each 2-page spread has a nice clear photo and text that is not overwhelming for the early elementary age group (typically when this is covered for children, preK to probably grade 1 or later for review/remedial). Text is large enough to read aloud to a classroom easily, held aloft. The book topic vocabulary words are set off in a contrast color to pick them out easily.

This is a great book for independently-reading kids or teacher/child combinations who thrive on a book to facilitate learning any topic. Lots of kids thrive on going to the library and having a book in hand while listening to the instructor about the topic. Other kids want a book with pictures to learn about books. A book to describe the properties of a book - funny huh? I have one child like this. He wants a book on a topic, not just to hear it, and this is perfect for him and others like him.